banner

How To Change Aperture Canon Rebel T6

Yous've heard the word.

Y'all know it'due south important for some reason. Yous might even know what it means. But when it comes to your bodily camera, you might be a bit lost.

What is discontinuity on my camera? Where is it located and how does information technology work??

I totally go it…

Discontinuity is 1 of those photography terms that can seem confusing at first because information technology was poorly explained or not explained at all. (Which is precisely why I decided to write the most comprehensive, helpful article online on aperture.

Let'southward clear the air. The first thing I need to tell you is: aperture is not actually inside of your photographic camera.

What?! Information technology's truthful.

Instead, discontinuity is only within of your lens .

However! Yous control your discontinuity with your photographic camera . (Except old lenses that are manually controlled. Most lenses these days are controlled from the camera.) Then your camera tells your lens what to do with the discontinuity. Information technology'southward like a mini game of telephone between you, your camera, and your lens. 😆

3 Things You lot Need To Know

1. Aperture is the physical size of the pigsty that is inside your lens.
  2. The size of this hole tin exist inverse.
  3. The larger the size of the hole, the more lite volition come into your lens to expose your camera's sensor, or "film" in the skilful ol' days.

Large Pigsty = More than Calorie-free

Small-scale Hole = Less Lite

Depending on the aperture size (measured in f-stops – I'll explain these numbers more later on) set in-camera, a specific amount of calorie-free will be immune to come through the lens to hit your epitome sensor, which lives inside of your camera and operates like digital film to actually expose and capture your epitome.

Cool, right?!

A Comparison Worth "Seeing"

If you're having trouble grasping this, aperture works similarly to how our eyes works! Our pupils adjust based on the light in the room to permit more than or less light through.

Yous wake upwardly in the middle of the night and need a midnight snack. Bold you don't plough on a light, your pupils become quite large and so you tin make your way out of the sleeping accommodation and into the kitchen.

The moment you open the fridge, the refrigerator light floods your optics and your pupils quickly grow smaller to let less light in.

You lot're driving on a bright, sunny 24-hour interval and don't have sunglasses on. Your pupils will remain a flake smaller and so you lot can encounter the route clearly, and your eyes are more protected from low-cal damage.

The moment you get through a tunnel, your pupils will widen to permit more than light in through the fairly dark stretch, until you re-enter the daylight!

Our eyes are constantly adjusting automatically for us.

How prissy! If merely our camera could exercise the same…

Oh await, it does! It's called auto style.

But wait David, I thought you lot once said that auto was the devil.

Y'all're a great listener. Auto IS  the devil. Wanna know why?

Auto Vs Manual Style

Every time you take a photo in automatic fashion, your camera is making a bunch of decisions to go a counterbalanced, or "correct" exposure based on what information technology thinks is "correct".
These decisions include:

1. ISO
  2. Aperture
  3. Shutter Speed

ISO, aperture, and shutter speed brand upwardly the exposure triangle!

If you don't understand the exposure triangle, curl down to chapter 2 of my post on everything you lot could mayhap need to know about aperture . In that location's even a video in there with yours truly!

Okay, so the problem with assuasive your camera to make all those decisions for you is…

You're a lot smarter than your photographic camera. You're also a lot more than creative than your camera!

A "correct" exposure is truly subjective, and so it's upwardly to Yous to determine what settings yous demand to accomplish the photos YOU want! In order to practise this, you lot need to accept transmission control.

Make sense? Auto is the devil because it robs you of your inventiveness and delivers average (or less than average) photos. You're better than that, and I'yard here to teach you how to Show Your Photographic camera Who's Boss!

Okay, so I can't leave all the decision-making to my camera because machine is the devil. How exercise I take transmission command of my photographic camera to adjust my aperture?

Changing Aperture On YOUR Camera

First things first.

Discontinuity is measured in number increments chosen f-stops. Each f-finish or "f" number indicates how small or large the hole is.

The trickiest part of this whole article is these aperture numbers are the exact contrary of what you would expect!

• The higher the f-end or "f" number, the smaller the pigsty.
  • The lower the f-finish or "f" number, the larger the hole.

I explicate this a "hole" lot more than in this article. Read the whole thing or caput straight to Chapter iii.

I know yous're itching to know how to adjust the aperture on your camera. Hither is an example for each of the three major photographic camera brands on the market today:

Canon EOS Insubordinate T6

1. Turn the punch on the meridian of your photographic camera to manual mode (M).
  2. Concord downward the AV +/- button to the correct of your camera display.
  3. Equally yous agree down that button, plough the control dial on the superlative of your photographic camera to the correct to get a higher f-stop/smaller hole, and to the left to get a lower f-stop/larger hole.
  4. Set to learn more than about this photographic camera. Check out my review on the Canon EOS Rebel T6.

Nikon D3400

1. Turn the punch on the tiptop of your camera to transmission style (M).
  2. Hold downwards the +/- button on the superlative of your camera.
  3. As y'all concord down that push, turn the control dial to the correct to get a higher f-stop/smaller pigsty, and to the left to become a lower f-stop/larger pigsty.

Sony a6000

1. Plough the dial on the top of your camera to manual mode (K).
  2. Hold downwards the AEL (Machine-Exposure Lock) button to the right of your camera brandish.
  3. As y'all hold down that button, plow the dial to the correct to get a lower f-stop/larger hole, and to the left to get a college f-stop/smaller hole.

Before we go, let's highlight a recap:

• Discontinuity is the actual size of the hole inside your lens,
  • which is controlled BY You (because car is the devil) , using your camera.
  • You do this by manually setting your F-stop.

– The college the F-stop number, the smaller the hole, the less light comes in.

– The lower the F-cease number, the bigger the hole, the more than light comes in.

At present that y'all understand what discontinuity is on your photographic camera, you're probably ready to dive into how aperture works with ISO and shutter speed to get Astonishing photos. You're in luck, considering I have a complimentary preparation that breaks everything down to get you shooting!

Grit off your camera and sign up for my gratuitous webclass Here. See y'all there!

Source: https://davidmolnar.com/what-is-aperture-on-a-camera/

Posted by: simonsmurge2001.blogspot.com

0 Response to "How To Change Aperture Canon Rebel T6"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel